A NEW BOYS & GIRLS CLUB FOR BARTLESVILLE
The Boys & Girls Club of Bartlesville has unveiled the design for the C. J. “Pete” Silas Boys & Girls Club facility. Capital campaign leaders announced they are within $400,000 of their seven million dollar goal to complete the project, which includes a 30,000 square foot building and artificial turf multi purpose playing field. The Club has begun construction on the facility l with hopes of beginning operations with the 2017 -2018 school year. The ultimate goal is to serve more kids, more often, with greater impact.
The state of the art facility will include: a dedicated Teen Center, learning centers, gymnasium, technology and STEM lab, arts and music spaces and an expanded kitchen to better accommodate the nutrition program. The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation will partner with the Club construct the playing field.
Capital Campaign Co Chair, Glenn Cox said the fundraising efforts have met with an overwhelmingly positive response, demonstrating recognition of the need for the new facility. “We are pleased to announce that through the generosity and commitment of the Boys & Girls Clubs Board and Staff, members of the Campaign Cabinet and a number of lead donors, to date we have secured approximately $6.6 million toward this exciting project.”
Potential donors and those wishing to learn more about the project should contact Resource Development Director, Annah Fischer, or a member of the campaign committee. Committee members include: Co Chair Glenn Cox, Co Chair Mike May, Charlie and Corky Bowerman, Julie Daniels, Curtis DeLapp, Dean Lowe and John Mihm. The late Sherry Cox was also a member of the committee.
The new Club will be built at the corner of 5th and Seminole behind the existing building. That building will then be demolished to provide parking and entrance driveway. The City of Bartlesville conveyed two additional parcels to the Club in order to place the expanded facility and playing field in ideal locations.
The building is being designed by Ambler Architects and McAnaw Construction is the project manager. The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation is involved in the design and construction of the playing field. Board member Gary Waugh chairs the Club Building Committee.
The Boys and Girls Club of Bartlesville is Oklahoma’s oldest Club. H. C. Price and other business leaders started the club in 1954. It became affiliated with the United Fund, now known as the United Way, in 1955. The Boys & Girls Club of Bartlesville is charted by Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Construction is well underway on the new facility. Progress pictures can be seen here. If you’d like to tour the current facility and get an up close look at the construction progress, please contact Annah Fishcer.
For more information on the campaign and how to invest please contact:
Jason Barta, Chief Executive Officer
Office: (918) 336-3636
Annah Fischer, Director of Resource Development
Cell: (405) 317-1074
Office: (918) 336-3636